Feb 23, 2022
When you're trying to clean up your photo album, there are a few different methods of hiding the albums that you want to get rid of. If you're going to hide an album with just one picture, there's an easy solution. You can also delete any albums or photos that use them. For those who might be looking for a more permanent solution, though, here are some ways that might work for you:
1) Create a new photo collection in the "Photos" app.
2) Drag the unwanted album into another folder, so it isn't showing up on your home screen anymore.
3) After you've done that, select "Hide" on the top right corner of your screen.
4) Select the option that reads: "Hide Photos from [Name] Collection." This will hide the album but display it elsewhere in your Photos app.
5) If you do not see this option, close out your "Photos" and reopen it again. This should force a refresh and make the option appear.
6) If you still don't see this option, open up another application like the App Store or Safari and reopen your Photos app again. This will also force a refresh and make this option appear for you. Again, close and reopen your Photos app or restart your device if this doesn't work.
The good news about this method is that you can still see it, but it isn't accessible from the home screen. If you want to hide it from view even more, though, you can move it into a folder that's way at the top of your list. Then, all you have to do is drag it up there and select "Hide" once again. This will put the album in a very private place so no one else will access it.
If you're trying to completely eliminate all traces of an album from your phone or iCloud, the solution mentioned above isn't exactly a permanent one. The photos will still be there and can still be easily accessed if someone knows about the trick. To truly take something off of your phone for good, you'll need to delete the whole thing. This will remove the album from sight and make it impossible for other people to find it by accident.
1) Open up your "Photos" app, tap on Albums, then tap on "Albums. Tapping on it will open up a new window full of pictures.
2) To the left side of your screen, you should see an option that says "Delete Album."
3) Select this option and confirm the deletion.
4) Once it's done deleting the albums, select "Done" in the top right corner of your screen.
5) Tap on "Photos" at the bottom of your screen to return to your original view.
You've got yourself a photo album gone and are now ready to display what really matters - those cute cat videos you have stored in iCloud!
To hide another photo album, tap on "Albums," then "More Albums.
In the upper left corner of your screen, you can choose "Delete."
If you want to hide one picture but don't want to remove it from the photo stream, all you have to do is select "Hide" on the upper right corner of your screen. This will take it off the front page, but it will still be visible in other albums. Of course, you can always choose "Unhide" if you decide that you'd like to repost it again at a later date.
1) Go back into your "Photos" app and tap on Albums.
2) In the upper left corner of your screen, tap on "More Albums."
3) To the right of your screen, you should see a new option that says "Show Hidden Photos."
4) Tap on this option, and photos will start to load in.
5) Once they've finished loading, they will appear at the top of your list.
Select "More Albums," then choose Show All. This will show all of the albums that were previously hidden.
1) Turn off the sound on the movie before you play it and then launch "Videos."
2) Tap on the movie, then tap on three dots at the top right corner.
3) Select "Hide."
4) The movie will be moved to a different location and still playable with no sound. Keep in mind that it will disappear permanently from your iPhone when you delete the video.
You can also choose "Show on Home Screen" to make it visible again.
5) Then you can play it without sound this time. After that, you can turn on the sound if you want.
6) You can also delete the movie from your "Videos" app, but keep in mind that this will delete it from your iPhone.